Friday, September 2, 2005

Bike Problems...

So, I realize that my last post was only about 3 days ago. So you might be wondering what kind of a slacker bike trip I am on that I have enough time to be emailing everyday...

Well, let me tell you- we took a bus yesterday, so it pretty much is the slackest bike trip ever! Just kidding. Actually, one spoke in Tom's back wheel broke about 5 km out of a town yesterday, so we had to bike back into this town which we thought had as bike shop, but it really didn't. So, we ended up taking an hour bus ride (for 50 cents!!) into Aberdeen, Washington to get to a bike repair shop. The back spokes were sheared by his chain somehow while being transported to Vancouver, so that is why we are having all of these issues right now. Fortunately though, he was not hurt, and we have a crappy, cheap motel here for the night. We should be on our way tomorrow, and into Oregon by the end of the weekend. Our first real view of the coast here was so amazing- it is absolutely gorgeous!! Actually, all of Washington is quite beautiful.


Great lakeside campsite in Washington

As a bonus, in the busride to Aberdeen we were entertained by tales from this 20 year old guy in a dirty beater, jeans hanging way too low, and chains around his neck, of how he was neglected and abused by his father, and made to walk around on his hands all of the time, which is why his arms were so unbelievably huge right now (I couldn't see it, but I tell you, Tom was quite impressed...) Weird. Anyways, not the typical small talk.


So, to clear up a few questions that have arisen in your replies to my first post
1. We are on a bike trip from Vancouver to somewhere in southern California.
2. Yes, you all can touch my huge, rock hard thighs when I get home. (although they may not be that impressive if we keep bussing around...)
3. No, I do not have any interest in a buying 10 year old diabetic guinea pig. From any of you.

No comments: