Saturday, September 17, 2005

Fiddler's Green

I made it to California!!!! We've biked about 1,500 km, and it's been about 2 1/2 weeks, so I'm really excited about our progress. We'll be stopping in San Francisco for a few days early next week, and then heading on down the coast to LA, which I'm sure will be a very busy road.

We just did our highest hill today so far, and for the whole trip- 2000 feet. It wasn't as hard as I had expected, but it had a killer downhill- definitely worth it!!

We've been biking through Avenue of the Giants for the past few days- a winding road leading through the Redwood forests. The trees are so massive, you can't help but feel insignificant standing at their base.


Last night we stayed in this freaky campsite for hikers and bikers- it was about 3 km from the regular campsite. The area was nice and secluded- very quiet- but it seriously looked like it was the set of some freaky horror movie. Really freaky. I held my pee in all night because I really didn't want to go out there alone in the middle of the night. But luckily we awoke the next morning unscathed, and lived to tell. But really - if there are any amateur film producers out there, this would really be the perfect set! It even has a creepy bathroom with a skylight that you could fling a dead body over to scare the unknowing bathroom occupant.Brilliant plot line. (I'll post a photo of it once I get back to Canada and have access to all my photos- until then, you'll just have to trust me....)
Ok, well the library is closing- 5pm and this town apparently shuts down. Later gators...

No comments: